North Shore Gas is committed to looking for environmentally friendly ways to serve the growing need for energy. Our environmental principles guide our everyday actions, helping us create energy solutions for a sustainable tomorrow.
- Protect the environment. North Shore Gas is a leader in environmental stewardship. We reduce our impact on the environment and operate our facilities to meet or surpass environmental standards.
- Use natural resources responsibly. We use natural resources responsibly, conserve resources through efficient use, minimize the creation of waste and recycle whenever possible.
- Use energy wisely. We promote efficiency in the supply, distribution and use of energy. We invest in energy efficiency and conservation in our own operations and help our customers to do the same.
- Improve environmental performance. We commit, at all levels in the company, to implement these principles, continuously improve our environmental performance, meet our obligations with integrity and reduce environmental risk. Employees draw upon their expertise, innovation and energy to achieve our environmental vision.
- Safeguard a healthy environment. We supply energy in a manner that minimizes adverse impacts and protects the health and safety of our employees, customers and the public. We continue to inform and educate customers about using energy safely.
- Engage stakeholders. We draw upon an open and honest dialog with our employees, stakeholders and the public to improve our environmental performance. We forge partnerships with educators, communities and other organizations as we consider their environmental expectations in our business planning and decision-making.
- Embrace environmental sustainability. We strive to meet the energy needs of today while ensuring a reliable energy future. This includes being stewards of the environment and making business decisions that will protect and enhance the quality of the environment for current and future generations.
- Measure and report performance. We regularly review our environmental policy and performance, and assess and audit our operations from an environmental perspective.