North Shore Gas is dedicated to building strong relationships with its customers, business partners, investors and employees. That commitment also extends into the community. We work to build and sustain vibrant and healthy communities for the future.
Our corporate contributions program is an important part of the community. In addition to financial contributions, North Shore Gas employees also volunteer more than 200 hours annually to community programs.
Contributions are made in unrestricted or program-directed grants to organizations located in the North Shore Gas service territory. North Shore Gas supports the following types of organizations and programs:
- Performance and visual arts organizations
- Public libraries and museums
Community and Neighborhood Development
- Job training and placement
- Neighborhood and housing revitalization, focusing on conservation and energy efficiency
- Home safety programs
- Affordable housing
- Economic development
- Classroom curriculum focusing on the environment and environmental literacy
- Professional development for teachers
- Programs supporting and enhancing the core curriculum
Human Services and Health
- Primary health care programs emphasizing wellness and prevention
- Human service organizations serving children, the elderly, the homeless, people with disabilities and victims of domestic abuse
- Primary health care programs emphasizing wellness and prevention for the uninsured and underinsured
- Energy conservation and efficiency in the home and the community
- Programs focusing on increasing awareness and sensitivity to the environment and environmental challenges
- Efforts identifying and helping to resolve environmental challenges
- Community "green" programs
Contributions are not made to:
- Organizations that discriminate for any reason, including race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, national origin or sexual orientation
- Political campaigns or organizations whose mission is to influence legislation
- Individual elementary and secondary schools
- Religious organizations seeking to further a denominational or sectarian purpose
- Trips or tours
- Special occasion or goodwill advertising
- Organizations focused on disease specific health conditions
If you have read our contribution guidelines, click the apply for a grant button.
If you have any questions, please contact the Corporate Contributions Department.
Apply For A Grant
Please read our contribution guidelines before applying for a grant.