If you're interested in having more control of your energy bills, you do have options. One option is to choose your own natural gas supplier. Choices for YouSM program participation is open to all residential customers of North Shore Gas under rates 1, 2 and 5 .
North Shore Gas wants to make sure you have the information you need to find a supplier that's right for you. Choices for You helps you answer questions on whether you should consider making a switch.
- How Choice Works
The cost of gas and transporting supplies are combined into one retail price.
- Choices for You Summary
An overview of the Choices for You program.
- What Are Your Choices?
North Shore Gas continually seeks the best prices for natural gas.
- Choosing a Supplier
A contract is only as good as the supplier behind it. Find out how to pick the best.
- Alternative Natural Gas Suppliers
Review a list of suppliers available to you.
- Next Steps
Take your first steps toward enrolling in our Transportation Services or Choices for You programs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Find the answers to many of the most common questions about choice programs.
- Glossary of Terms
Terms you should know about choice programs.
Gas suppliers who want to become eligible to offer gas supply service in the Choices for You program must send a "Letter of Intent" including the following information:
- Identify North Shore Gas as the service territory in which they intend to be an alternate gas supplier.
- Provide the specific customer class which they intend to serve: residential or business.
The Letter of Intent can be mailed to:
North Shore Gas
Choices for You Program
c/o GTS Department
200 East Randolph St, 20th Floor
Chicago, IL 60601
Gas suppliers must be certified by the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) to become an alternative gas supplier for residential (Rate 1) customers.
Any customer who enrolls with an alternative supplier must:
- Have a contract with a Choices for You supplier for gas supply,
- Become a member of the supplier pool; and
- Provide North Shore Gas regular access to their meter.