The Percentage of Income Payment Plan provides eligible customers a monthly energy bill based on their income levels. The plan breaks your yearly costs into 12 even payments based on the usage at the residence.
PIPP is separate from the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program LIHEAP and cannot be combined. Eligibility requirements are the same for both programs, so visit our LIHEAP page to learn if a grant is a better option for you.
Eligibility and the energy bill amount depends on household size and the last 30 days of gross household income prior to filing an application.
The State of Illinois has created a new website to allow residents to learn more about this and other programs. Visit Helpillinoisfamilies.com.
To Apply For PIPP
Applications are taken by appointment. Call the Community Action Partnership of Lake County at 847-249-4330 for more information and to make an appointment.
Applicants are required to submit:
- Proof of household income or any financial assistance for the past 30 days for all members of the household over age 18;
- Your current residential heating bill;
- Proof of social security numbers for all household members;
- A medical eligibility card for any member of your household receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF); and
- Your rental agreement, in cases where utilities are included in the rent.