Overgrown shrubs, brush, ice and snow can make it difficult for technicians to replace, repair or read natural gas meters. It also can slow first responders trying to turn off your natural gas in an emergency.
Stay safe and help our technicians serve you efficiently by:
- Cutting back overgrowth around meters located outside your home or business.
- Considering access to meters when planning a construction or landscaping project.
- Remembering to never hang anything from or attach anything to a meter, such as a garden hose.
- Remove hanging icicles to prevent dripping water from refreezing on your meter.
- Never shoveling snow up against your meter or letting deep snow cover it.
- Gently removing snow and ice from your meter by hand or with a broom. Shovels and other tools can damage the equipment.