Your energy bill has information to help you understand your energy use, billing and payment. The sample bill below highlights the sections of your energy bill.
View larger sample bill image
- Contact and emergency phone numbers.
- Bill date, account number, next meter read date, amount due and payment due date.
- Customer name and service address.
- Account summary with usage and cost-comparison graphs.
- Activity since last bill, including previous balance and payment, and current charges and balance.
- Natural gas use.
- Payment stub to include with payment.
- Amount due and due date on payment stub.
- Payment mailing address.
If you have a payment arrangement with us:
View larger payment arrangement image
- If you have a payment arrangement with us, your payment arrangement balance plus current charges is shown on your bill's payment stub.
- The amount you should pay, your payment arrangement installment plus current charges, is listed in the "Messages" section of your bill. For multi-page bills, the messages may not always appear on the first page as shown in the sample.
To understand your bill even more, view our billing terms found on the back of your bill. If you're signed up for Budget Billing, learn how to read your Budget Billing statement.
Important information is included with your billing statement each month. Monthly inserts include useful energy-saving tips, important safety reminders, and information about products and services offered by North Shore Gas.
If you have any questions about your bill, please